On Day 3 we worship Chandraghanta or “one who bears a half-moon shaped like a bell”. Her third eye is always open she is the epitome of grace, bravery and courage, the qualities that she stands for.
We worship the Goddess and invoke her qualities each day and you can also do this with the help of a meditative practice that involves coloring a Yantra every day. A friend and fellow blogger has just started this feature called #21ShaktiYantra Project available on her blog as a coloring page of a new Yantra. Do check it out.
And the Devi Prasadam for Day 3 are:
- Sweet Potato Kheer
- Kothamalli Saadam or Cilantro Spiced Rice
- Sprouts Sundal
Recipe for Sweet Potato Kheer:
- Whole milk or Almond Milk or Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Sweet potatoes – peeled and grated thin – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom pd – 1/2 tsp
- Almonds and pistachios – sliced thin for garnish
- Saffron – a few strands
- Heat the milk in the microwave for 10 minutes or boil the milk on a stove (I prefer the latter)
- Add the grated sweet potatoes; heat for another 10 minutes while stirring.
- Add the sugar and stir while keeping the flame on low heat until the sugar dissolved.
- Simmer and add the cardamom powder and saffron.
- Garnish with the almond and pistachio slices.
Recipe for Kothamalli Saadam:
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- Salt to taste
Grind the following to a paste:
- Cilantro leaves – 2 cups
- Green chilies 4-5
- Tamarind paste – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Roasted peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Grated coconut optional – 2 tbsp
- Grind the chopped cilantro and green chilies to a paste
- Heat oil and add the tempering ingredients
- Now add the paste to the oil and fry till the raw smell goes away
- Mix the cooked rice and salt to taste.
- Garnish with the roasted peanuts and toasted coconut.
- Moong Sprouts – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 2 chopped
- Green chilies – 2-3
- Jeera powder and Amchur powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro chopped
- Cook the sprouts in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle on medium heat. Release pressure.
- Add all other ingredients and garnish with cilantro.